Wednesday, May 09, 2007

BVC Summer Challenge and Nat's team selections



The 2nd and 3rd day at the BVC worked out fairly well for me. I managed to do a personal best in the flying 200m. This is the 1st time I have gone under 11.4secs on this track...actually anywhere. I pulled off an 11.37. I began the sprint derby and managed to lose my first round because I did not execute my tactics effectively. I got REALLY pissed off at myself and proceeded to ride with some focused anger. It seemed to work because I managed to win the remainder of the sprint races. I ended up 2nd in the derby. After the Derby was the Keirin. I sat on the front of the 1st round and just held my speed enough that people couldn't come around. I advanced to the finals of the keirin where I followed up the 1st round with a win in the finals. I was quite happy with this.


The Sunday "Day 3 "

Sunday was a fairly easy day for the sprinters. 500m TT and the Team Sprint was all that was on the schedule.

I think I have only ever done one 500m TT and I don't even remember the time. I did manage to win the 500m TT. The team sprint was a bit of a new endeavor. My normal team is Keith and Barlee but unfortunately Barlee had to miss the team sprint so we commendered my other team mate and the guy I am coaching. His name is Mike "Puke Skywalker" Lawrence. That turned out to be a good idea. We stormed the Team sprint and took home top honours. Mike was flying this weekend and I very happy how he is going. Great job PUKE!!!!

Overall I won the sprint omnium so I felt pretty good coming into the selection week.

TRIALS Day 1



Flying 200m

Not feeling like I had a long enough warm up I was a bit nervous going into my 1st attempt to make the standards. It was substancially colder in there today then it was on Saturday so I wasn't too confident that I would have another PB. But low and behold, 11.2!!!!! Another PB!!!



I did not make the time standard with that effort but I was close so I was offered another chance to try. The standard was 10.9 secs. I felt pretty good with the gear I chose but I thought I could push a bigger gear so I changed it. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! 11.05 for my second attempt. Another PB!!!! I didn't make the standards but I am VERY happy with how things went today. I have been working so hard at my 200m and sprints in general and it seems that all that work has paid off. I feel proud of myself today!

Tomorrow is the Standing 500m TT and I am hoping I hit the standards tomorrow as that would put me in a VERY good spot for the selections process. Wish me luck everyone. I want to go to Pan Ams!!!

Look for something tomorrow.

Good night all,

Lego

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

soo??? what happened???
poopy's mom.

7:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the PBs Lego!

I don't condone use of my highly unofficial nickname "Puke Skywalker".

Also... this blogger site seems to display a lot of stuff in Portuguese when it is accessed from Rio.. what the hell does "escolher uma identidade" mean?

8:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home