Sunday, May 13, 2007

Trials day 3


Hi everyone!



Well it turns out that day 3 was another great day for me. Today, my teammate Matt Barlee and I were up to doing another standing 500m. Both of us were so close to the standards on day 2 that we were allowed another chance. Well guess what? Both Matt and I made the standards. I took another 4/10th of a second off my time and the put me clear of the standard with a 33.26. The standard was 33.30. Matty did a 33.25, beat me by 1/100th of a sec. Regardless; this was a new PB for me.

The results of this week were very positive for me. Even though I was not selected for the Pan am Championships I still made the standards that the CCA set forth. It did not appear that anyone expected the riders to make the standards let alone 5 riders. This bodes well for the Canadian sprinters. The CCA now has a pool of sprinters that it can choose from for different projects if they so desire. It would not be a bad idea especially coming into and Olympic year.

I plan to take a little bit of time off of serious sprint training to allow myself a break and to refresh my program. But seeing what I was able to accomplish in the last 6 months, I will continue to stay focused on the Olympic dream.

I also wanted to say Congratulations to Cam, Yanik and Lawrence and GOOD LUCK at the Pan Ams!!!

Later,

LEGO

2 Comments:

Blogger DT said...

way to give it the juice. congrats!

2:38 p.m.  
Blogger JT said...

Way to go Matt! All of your hard work and dedication is paying off. Congrats. We hope to see you this summer at Marymoor.

11:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home